Teens at the Library
- College Board – Learn about paths to college opportunities, financial support, scholarships and advocacy.
- National Archives – Find primary resources from the National Archives.
- Khan Academy – A video library for K-12 math, science, history and finance. “A free world-class education for anyone anywhere.”
- Noodle Tools – Get help with bibliographic citations.
- Peterson’s College Search – “Find a college that’s right for you!”
- SAT Practice – Free practice.
- Teen Reads -Commentary, news, interviews and reviews from leading authors for teen readers.
- Understanding Written Plagiarism by EasyBib – Make sure your work is your own with this infographic.
- VSAC – Vermont Student Assistance Corporation provides information on college scholarships and loans.
- Young Writers Project – An online community of young writers in Vermont and New Hampshire where creativity and civility reign.
Teen Issues & Information
- Alateen – Alateen meetings provide mutual support for young people affected by someone else’s drinking
- All About Puberty AnRed–Anorexia Nervosa and Related Eating Disorders Go Ask Alice – Health Q & A Internet resource run through Columbia University “so that you can be connected, inquisitive, informed, and healthy.”
- I Wanna Know! – Designed to help you learn about your sexual health in order to make good decisions.
- It Gets Better – Communicating to lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender youth around that world that “it gets better” while creating and inspiring changes needed to make the world a better place.
- National Campaign to Prevent Teen and Unplanned Pregnancy – Seeks to improve the well-being of children, youth, families and the nation by preventing unplanned and teen pregnancy.
- National Eating Disorder Association – Supports individuals and families affected by eating disorders, and serves as a catalyst for prevention, cures and access to quality care.
- Suicide: Read this First Teen Central – The place to get teen help for teen problems. This website is for teens and by teens. Looking for new options, new ideas, new friends? Got a story …?
- TeensHealth – Offers a safe, private place for teens who need accurate information and advice about health, emotions and life. Gives the doctor-approved information you need to make educated decisions – or help a friend who needs advice.
- Teen Health (Medline Plus) Teens Helping Teens – We are a growing group of high school students who are using personal storytelling to overcome tough personal issues, raise awareness about the serious challenges today’s teens face, and connect with other teens to let them know they aren’t alone and that life gets better.
Need a Read?