Teens at the Library
Teen Issues & Information
- Alateen – Alateen meetings provide mutual support for young people affected by someone else’s drinking
- All About Puberty AnRed–Anorexia Nervosa and Related Eating Disorders Go Ask Alice – Health Q & A Internet resource run through Columbia University “so that you can be connected, inquisitive, informed, and healthy.”
- I Wanna Know! – Designed to help you learn about your sexual health in order to make good decisions.
- It Gets Better – Communicating to lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender youth around that world that “it gets better” while creating and inspiring changes needed to make the world a better place.
- National Campaign to Prevent Teen and Unplanned Pregnancy – Seeks to improve the well-being of children, youth, families and the nation by preventing unplanned and teen pregnancy.
- National Eating Disorder Association – Supports individuals and families affected by eating disorders, and serves as a catalyst for prevention, cures and access to quality care.
- Suicide: Read this First Teen Central – The place to get teen help for teen problems. This website is for teens and by teens. Looking for new options, new ideas, new friends? Got a story …?
- TeensHealth – Offers a safe, private place for teens who need accurate information and advice about health, emotions and life. Gives the doctor-approved information you need to make educated decisions – or help a friend who needs advice.
- Teen Health (Medline Plus) Teens Helping Teens – We are a growing group of high school students who are using personal storytelling to overcome tough personal issues, raise awareness about the serious challenges today’s teens face, and connect with other teens to let them know they aren’t alone and that life gets better.
Need a Read?