Recycling at the Library
If you can’t reuse, consider recycling items. Here’s the full list of items that we accept for recycling at the library:
- Stretchy plastic including: newspaper sleeves, bread bags, grocery bags, product wrap, cereal liners, food storage & produce bags, ice bags, pellet bags, dry cleaning bags, case overwrap, salt bags, packing air pillows and all LDPE & HDPE films.
- Batteries: Single-use batteries, such as AA, AAA, 9V or C or D cell, rechargeable and cellphone batteries.
- Brita products: Brita dispensers, Brita pitchers, Brita Stream® pitchers, Brita bottles, Brita standard filters, Brita filter packaging, Brita Longlast® filters, Brita Stream filters and Brita bottle filters.
- E-waste: Electronics and accessories that are no bigger than a laptop.
- Corks: Natural corks from any bottled beverage. Bring to the desk.
- Can Toppers: 4-pack holders for beer and other drinks.
- Oral care products and packaging including: toothpaste tubes, floss containers (no floss!), toothbrushes and all boxes or other packaging. Please make sure all materials are clean on the outside before dropping off.
- Rigid #6 Plastic Cups: Solo or other #6 plastic cups.
- Shaving accessories: All brands of blades, razors, and plastic packaging.