Support the Library
Friends of the Library
The Friends of the Charlotte Library is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that promotes and enhances the library’s mission by providing funding for special projects and events. Please visit the Friends of the Charlotte Library page for more information.
Become a Volunteer
Library volunteers are key to the smooth running of the library. From program presentation to local history research to friendly desk help, there are opportunities for all. If you would like to volunteer at the Charlotte Library, please fill out an application form and turn it via email or in person. We will arrange for an informal interview following the receipt of each application.
A volunteer application form [PDF] should be filled out by each applicant.
The minimum age for volunteers at the library is 14.
Do you have a favorite? Do you want to be the first person to get your hands on that new book he or she wrote? Boy, do we have a deal for you! Here’s how it works:
- The library purchases each new book by your “adopted” author (at up 45% below retail)
- You pay the reduced price for the book
- You are automatically the first borrower for each book as it is released
- When you are finished, the book comes back to the library collection – a win-win-win for you, for the library and for all of our patrons.
Please send us an email if you would like more information.
We gratefully accept most books, CDs and DVDs in good condition but only during specific times of the year and then always during library hours.
- Donations that meet the library’s selection criteria may be added to the collection.
- All other acceptable donations will be used to stock the book sale held by the Friends of the Library.
- Please call us to find out if the library is currently accepting donations.
- Please follow our book donation guidelines.