Welcome to the Charlotte Library
Virtual Library @ Charlotte Library
We miss catching up with you in person, but continue to provide services to the community. We have created a Virtual Library of resources to keep you informed of our offerings (including how to get books) and suggest some ways to learn, have fun, and stay engaged with the larger world from home.
UPDATE: April 2, 2020
In keeping with the ongoing “Stay Home, Stay Safe” order from the State of Vermont and accompanying restrictions on workplace activity, the Charlotte Library will remain closed to all staff and patrons. Unfortunately, this means we will not be resuming circulation of materials on Thursday, April 2 as we had originally planned.
In the meantime:
- Please see our see latest online resources available through our Virtual Library. Here you can access the Libby app for downloading ebooks and audiobooks as well as links to a variety of fun and informative sites for all ages.
- If you need internet access, our free public wi-fi is available 24 hours a day from the library parking lot. Select Network: Library Guests and at the prompt, accept the library’s wireless policy. No password is required.
- Need help using your device or setting up an online meeting, downloading a book or contacting friends and relatives online? Please contact our tech librarian to set up a non-on-one remote consultation.
- For answers to other questions or to offer suggestions, please feel free to call 425.3864 or email. We check the library voice message bank daily and answer emails promptly.
The library board and staff appreciate your patience as we try to balance library service with community safety. We hope that you all are well and enjoying these spring days.
Check us out on Instagram to get the latest pictures of the Expansion Project.
We’ve moved into the new space and now the original space is getting a makeover. While construction continues most Young Adult & Adult titles will need to be retrieved by staff. We hope to see you soon at the Library!
- Library Entrance: The new (permanent) entrance is located at the south end of the porch.
- Parking: The library driveway is permanently closed. Please park at Town Hall or The Little Garden Market across Ferry Road.
- Book Drop: The book drop is located in front of Town Hall. Please stop there to return all materials when library is closed.
- Alternative Pick-Up: For your convenience, there is a cart located inside Town Hall where books or other items can be picked up. Just call to let us know what you are looking for so we can check it out to you and bring it over.
We ask for your patience as we begin this exciting new chapter in the library’s history! If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
New & Upcoming Books
Click on image to get full list of titles with descriptions and catalog links.
Fic & Non-Fic
Juvenile & YA
Picture Book & Early Reader
Downloadable Audio & eBook
Library Programs are suspended Monday, March 16- Wednesday April 1.
Register for a Program
Men's Book Group: "Elephant Company"*
3:00 pm-4:00 pm
See more details
Meet up on Zoom to discuss Elephant Company by Vicki Constantine Croke. Please…
Cancelled: Repair Cafe
10:00 am-2:00 pm