Welcome to the Charlotte Library
Program Updates & Information
Charlotte resident and artist, Jessica Scriver, has organized this festive event! To participate, drop off your carved pumpkin on the Library porch any time through next Thursday, Oct. 29. The Library is also having a virtual pumpkin parade—before you drop off your jack-o-lantern, email photos of your finished creation to the Library firstname.lastname@example.org) to share on the library web site and social media. Need a pumpkin? Uncarved pumpkins on the Library porch are available to take. Take a look at the full article in the Charlotte News.
I returned my books. Why am I getting an overdue notice?
Items are quarantined for five days after the are received at the library. After that time they are scanned in and taken off your account.
Please notify us if a there are items on your account that you believe you returned seven or more days before. Thank you for your continued patience and understanding as we strive to keep the community and library staff safe and healthy.
Free Training for Vermonters Impacted by COVID-19
For Vermonters who have had their job cut, hours reduced, or were laid off or furloughed, the State wants to help you upskill, reskill and be skilled for the careers available in Vermont. Funding for this workforce training initiative is provided to the Vermont State Colleges in coordination with the Vermont Department of Labor. Find out more and register.
The Big Green Draw Comes to Charlotte!
You are invited to draw (paint, color, your choice) your interpretation of your backyard. For all ages with or without artistic experience!
Here’s what to do:
- Pick up a Big Green Draw packet at the circulation desk.
- Explore, play with lines, textures, shapes, patterns that reflect your own backyard.
- Your interpretations can be realistic, abstract, or something in between.
- Our collective drawings will displayed on the town green later in the month.
- Please return your drawings by Friday, October 23.
Extra Hours for Groups
We have added an extra hour to our schedule exclusively for families and other groups. From Monday to Thursday, the library will be open to groups by appointment from 3 to 4 pm.
Each appointment slot is 30 minutes and allows for up to 8 people in a pod/family group to enter together. Registration is required.
The Library is Open for In-Person Visits and Porch Pickup
- Library Hours:
- Monday through Thursday 10am to 3pm
- 10 to 11am: reserved for at-risk individuals
- 12 to 1pm: library closed for cleaning & sanitizing
- Monday through Thursday 10am to 3pm
- Porch Pickup Hours:
- Monday through Thursday: 10am to 4pm
- Saturday: 10am to noon
- Patrons allowed in building for maximum of 30 minutes to select and checkout books
- 5 patrons allowed in building at one time
- Patrons enter through main entrance and exit on north end of porch (except those requiring ADA access, who may enter and exit through main entrance)
- Patrons are encouraged to limit number of family/pod members visiting library
- All patrons must wear masks and sanitize hands when entering building
- Patrons must follow marks on floor for social distancing while visiting the stacks and standing in line at the service desk.
Library staff will be on hand to assist with book checkout and location via computer. Staff will be masked at all times and wear gloves when handling materials for sanitizing prior to and during checkout.
We look forward to seeing you at the library at long last and to sharing our wonderful new building with the rest of the community, even in such a limited first start. We hope to move to subsequent phases as long as the COVID-19 recovery continues here in Vermont. This opening comes with the caveat that library hours and access could change at any time as the situation in Vermont warrants.
Need a Library Card?
No library card? No problem! Charlotte (Vermont) residents can sign up for a virtual library card by filling out a quick form.
New & Upcoming Books
Click on image to get full list of titles with descriptions and catalog links.
Fic & Non-Fic
Juvenile & YA
Picture Book & Early Reader
Registration is required for all Library programs. Currently we are offering a very few programs at the library and everything else remains online.
Online programs take place on Zoom, please see program description for registration specifics. Register for in-person events on Eventbrite. Questions? Send us an email. All Library programs are free and open to the public.
Reserved for Library Group Visit
3:00 pm-3:30 pm
Outdoor Story Time- Winter Birds and Halloween
11:00 am-1:00 pmJoin us on the Charlotte Library Porch for bird (and Halloween) stories. We will also be making a bird feeder to take home for…See more details